We need more photos of Paolita!!!

We can't have a blog about a kid, but only 1 picture of her. Not cool.

Therefore, I volunteer to go to Mexico and get us some more. This morning, I called Greg from sponsor services and arranged to visit Paola and her family this coming Monday. (I have learned that Paola's mother works Tuesday - Saturday)(on Monday, I will find out exactly what she does on Tuesday - Saturday)

The plan is for my husband and I to visit Paola's home, then take her, her mother, and her sisters to the Guadalajara Zoo and the amusement park - Selva Magica - that is located next door. I also hope to tour her community center.

We fly back to the States on Tuesday.

We will not be taking any checked luggage, so I will be limited to small gifts from the United States. When I arrive in Mexico on Sunday, I will do some clothes and food shopping for the family. Perhaps buy some dishes, or something like that? I will have to see what is available in the marketplace.

Today, I was at a medical supply store, so I bought a digital thermometer with instructions in Spanish. We want Paola's mom to know if she has a fever! I also have a small stuffed bear (super soft, from Brookstone) for each of the 3 girls.

Why such an impromptu trip? Well ...

My best friend married an airline pilot. He called last night to say that he had a stack of unused free passes that will expire on 7/16. "Can you go somewhere on short notice?" He asked me. Of course, I can! I immediately thought of Paola, and, fortunately, it looks as though the flights to Guadalajara are not booked up, so my husband and I should be able to get on flying stand-by (hence, no luggage).

More info to come ...

1 comments:

Robyn July 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Wow, Mack!! That sounds amazing! If only we could all be buddies with airline pilots, haha. :D Have a safe trip, and don't forget to say Hello to Paola from all of us! :)

P.s. Great idea with the thermometer! I would have never thought of that.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive