Jennifer's Senior Project!

Hola, fellow group members! I'd like to introduce you to Jennifer Swisher, the daughter of my mom's work colleague. Jennifer is a high school student and animal lover. She belongs to a dance team that travels all over the country for competitions. Jennifer also enjoys working with children, and is loving her summer job as a day camp counselor.

I've recruited Jennifer to Paola's sponsor group for a very special reason. Look below the photos for her self-introduction ...


"Hello! My name is Jennifer Swisher and I will be a senior at Eastlake High School this upcoming year. To graduate from high school, it is required to complete a senior project. A senior project has to teach you something new and must take up 60+ hours of your time. I had a general idea that I wanted to help someone or do community service of some kind for my project.

I was approached with the idea of fundraising for the Children International program. I was told the story about Paola in Mexico, and the terrible poverty of her living situation, and I instantly became interested!

I plan to collect money and have various fundraisers to help Paola. A memo has been sent to the Children International office in Jalisco, Mexico, to inquire about the family's greatest needs. Paola will be starting school as soon as she obtains a copy of her birth certificate, so I am hoping to create a study/kitchen area for her family, because they currently live with four people in just one small room. I will update this fundraising page when I learn the total cost of a table, chairs, bookcase, refrigerator, and whatever else Paola's family needs the most.

Next winter, I plan to go down to Paola’s home in Guadalajara, Mexico to see the items purchased through this fundraiser and to bring her family clothes, toys, and food. I will also take Paola to the zoo, and have a fun day with her!"

Although we haven't received specific SNG information from CI yet, Jennifer has created a preliminary fundraising page on First Giving:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jenniferswisher/jenniferswishersfundraisingpage


0 comments:

Post a Comment